Any hope of KDE 3.5 in F10? I want it too !

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Thu Jun 26 22:20:55 UTC 2008

Bill Davidsen <davidsen <at> tmr.com> writes:
> I have the impression that for some users it will never be suitable,
> because it is not an issue of bugs in the code, or missing features
> which will be added, but a change in the underlying philosophy of how
> users should use the desktop. And if the deliberate change doesn't suit
> your preferred operation, you're in the market for either KDElegacy.org
> or a totally new WM and utils.

With the folderview applet (plasmoid) in KDE 4.1, you'll be able to use your
desktop as a traditional desktop. (KDE 4.0 tries to support it, but the
implementation as one plasmoid per icon is suboptimal, it will be better in
4.1.) You can also have more than one desktop folder, but the default will be
only one, ~/Desktop, as usual.

        Kevin Kofler