Fedora/grub bug -- I think ?

Mikkel L. Ellertson mikkel at infinity-ltd.com
Fri Jun 27 17:08:45 UTC 2008

stan wrote:
> It sounds like you know more about grub than I do, so I can't
> give you any incisive insight.  But your comment above made me
> wonder if this is a video driver issue rather than a grub issue.
> Have you tried the opposite driver.  i.e. if you are using the
> closed source driver for your card, try the open source driver,
> or vice versa.

The thing is, when Grub is displaying the menu screen, it is not
using either driver. It is using the VESA interface to display the
boot screen. Once you select what to boot, it will then use an X
server to show the pretty screen unless you selected the quiet mode.

I can't remember the command to change the video made in Grub, if
there is one.

Mikkel