intel3945 WLAN and Siemens ADSL Modem

d das dasd.here at gmail.com
Sat Jun 28 05:38:15 UTC 2008

Thank you all: the problem got solved, with the helps from you all and
Peter Skensved outside the list, I am at last using the wireless LAN.
As it seems to my network-illiterate head, the problem was coming from
'dhclient' getting booked by the ethernet cable outlet eth0, and so,
any later appeal to it by the wlan0 was sent to 'sleep' mode.

But one questio remains there. There is a pointless network icon now
on the top bar of my XFCE desktop, with a circle inscribed on it to
show that it is inactive, that too while I am writing this mail. Is it
the Network manager icon? Can I now take the risk of going to the
system-config-services and make 'network manager' off there? What I am
doing now to get the wlan is that, after I boot, I am issuing 'ifdown
eth0' and then 'service network restart'. I am not entirely deleting
eth0, I may need it elsewhere. So, can I make 'network manager' off,
and will it get the pointless network icon off my top bar?

--
das
ddts.randomink.org