What is the matter with fedora 9?

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Sat Jun 28 11:38:24 UTC 2008

On Fri, 2008-06-27 at 14:13 -0400, max bianco wrote:
> It already does everything, its never given me a problem. Wired or
> wireless take your pick. Of course when I decide to buy a piece of
> hardware, I generally avoid the cheap crap

I can't say that I've had a hardware problem with it, but just that it's
not that good at working with a system.  Linux is full of services,
services that need a functioning network, services that don't work well
if the network is down or starts up too late.  Network Manager doesn't
start up early enough.

> If one network card is 20 bucks cheaper than the other and they do the
> same thing, there is a good reason, cheaper usually means "We cut more
> corners".

Not always.  Some things are cheap because they have captured the mass
market, and have sales numbers in their favour.

The big problem is built in hardware that can't be avoided, and systems
where you can't easily add to (e.g. laptops).

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.25.6-55.fc9.i686

read messages from the public lists.