Need help with Toshiba Tecra SD reader

Mikkel L. Ellertson mikkel at infinity-ltd.com
Sat Jun 28 19:24:11 UTC 2008

Luis Orlindo Tedeschi wrote:
> Mikkel, thanks a lot. I am new to Fedora and very slow learner. I was
> able to download the file tifm-0.8e.tar.bz2. I don't know how to Install
> it? Could you give me some help? Thanks.

It is already included with the kernel. If you have the TI chip, you
can try "modprobe tifm_sd". If you have the Ricoh chip, you can try
"modprove ricoh_mmc".

The link was more for information then anything else. If you get an
error, post it here. I'll fire up my Toshiba laptop, and check if I
did anything special to make it work - I have the TI chipset in there.

Mikkel