Firefox problem

Mikkel L. Ellertson mikkel at infinity-ltd.com
Sun Jun 29 00:23:36 UTC 2008

d_j_w46 wrote:
> On Sat, 28 Jun 2008 09:33:47 Mikkel L. Ellertson wrote:
>> The Firefox script in /usr/bin sets some stuff up for the Firefox
>> binary. This may be your problem. Also, by command line, do you meen
>> in a X terminal, or a text login? (CLI)
>>
>> Mikkel
>
> I'm using the bash shell and the script in /usr/bin is over my head
>
>   david

Is there some reason you can not use the shell script in /usr/bin?
You should be able to type firefix from the command prompt, unless
you do not have X running or you are not the user that "owns" the X
secession... (If you opened up a terminal window on your desktop,
then running firefox should work.)

Mikkel