Slow X in F9 on Intel integrated graphics

Peter Langfelder peter.langfelder at gmail.com
Sun Jun 29 02:17:12 UTC 2008

Hello,

sorry if this has been discussed before, my search turned up nothing
appropriate. I have  a Core 2 Duo 2.4GHz system with 4GB of memory and
integrated Intel graphics (GMA 3000, system reports 82Q963/Q965
integrated graphics controller), running on the intel driver (says
experimental...). The performance of the X system feels as if it were
running over a moderately slow internet connection. As suggested on
the internet, I ran glxgears and got roughly 140 fps, which sounds low
compared to the thousands people report on other machines (with
different cards). Anything I can do about it?

TIA,

Peter