MPEG video under Fedora 9

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Sun Jun 29 07:25:45 UTC 2008

Tim:
>> Adding one or two of the gstreamer plugin packages (bad or ugly, I
>> can't remember) helps with playing some file formats with some
>> programs like Totem.

Craig White:
> why not both?
>
> gstreamer-plugins-bad
> gstreamer-plugins-ugly

I'm not using the computer I installed them on at the moment, nor when I
wrote that.  I couldn't remember if they're used in combination, or if
you used one or the other.  I recall reading that the ugly ones had some
risk, and not to install them unless you needed them.  By risk, I don't
mean patent infringing code, but not too reliable coding.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.25.6-55.fc9.i686

read messages from the public lists.