F9 NFS install fails

Tom Horsley tom.horsley at att.net
Mon Jun 30 00:14:39 UTC 2008

On Sun, 29 Jun 2008 19:17:06 -0400
Matthew Saltzman <mjs at clemson.edu> wrote:

> Is there something I'm missing?

I think I have seen notes that say you are just supposed to
make the .iso file available via NFS, not the mounted
filesystem inside the iso.

I've often done installs via HTTP by mounting the .iso file
under /var/www/html and pointing anaconda to that mount
directory on the web server (the HTTP install does want the
contents of the iso, not the iso itself).

The fastest installs for me have always been hard disk
installs. If there is a linux disk partition on the system you
are trying to install which can hang around during the install,
you could move the iso file over there.