speaking of grub graphical boot...

Tom Horsley tom.horsley at att.net
Mon Jun 30 00:19:16 UTC 2008

I have from time to time tried to make my own grub boot
image. I've seen all the rules I'm supposed to follow about
making it the right size and the right number of colors, and
my own attempts often work out fine.

But then there are those other times, when I'll have an
image that looks perfectly fine in gimp, or eog, or whatever,
but when grub displays it, the colors are completely wacked
out - not at all like the colors specified in the xpm file.

Anyone know what rule I am missing about restrictions
on the images?