speaking of grub graphical boot...

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Mon Jun 30 00:55:32 UTC 2008

On Sun, 2008-06-29 at 20:19 -0400, Tom Horsley wrote:
> I have from time to time tried to make my own grub boot
> image. I've seen all the rules I'm supposed to follow about
> making it the right size and the right number of colors, and
> my own attempts often work out fine.
>
> But then there are those other times, when I'll have an
> image that looks perfectly fine in gimp, or eog, or whatever,
> but when grub displays it, the colors are completely wacked
> out - not at all like the colors specified in the xpm file.

More basic video drivers being used at boot time?

I've only done this on a laptop, and it stretches out the pictures at
boot time, making them look woeful in that regards.  I haven't tried it
on a box that can do a native 640x480 display, yet.

--
(This computer runs FC7, my others run FC4, FC5 & FC6, all using Gnome
 in case that's important to the thread.)

I read messages from the public lists.