speaking of grub graphical boot...

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Mon Jun 30 03:29:28 UTC 2008

On Mon, 2008-06-30 at 10:25 +0930, Tim wrote:
> I haven't tried it on a box that can do a native 640x480 display, yet.

Now, I have.  Images seem to display as I expect them to (as I viewed
them while creating them).  The trick is making an image that looks good
as a 640 by 480 pixel image, using just 14 colours.  I used the sepia
function on my digital camera, that seems to dither down to 14 colours
fairly neatly.  It'd also help to have a template for the text area used
by GRUB, so you can keep cluttered graphics out of the area used for the
menu text.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.25.6-55.fc9.i686

read messages from the public lists.

Address harvesting scumbots of the world, some food for you.  These
people like spam:  <info at allmightytrader.com>  They must do, they keep
spamming me.  I hope they get drowned by some, in return.