Hardware browser??

Frank Murphy frankly3d-fedoracore at utvinternet.com
Mon Jun 30 15:30:41 UTC 2008

On Mon, 2008-06-30 at 15:16 +0000, Beartooth wrote:
> On Sun, 29 Jun 2008 22:36:53 +0100, Frank Murphy wrote:
>
> > On Sun, 2008-06-29 at 18:44 +0000, Beartooth wrote:
> >> 	Fedora always used to have a hardware browser; for a while it had
> >> two, one with endless cryptic detail, and one highly simplified.
> >>
> >> 	Now I find neither. Has it (or have they) been renamed? Can I add
> >> it with yum? Some other way?
> >>

> > yum install lshw-gui
> >
> > should see you sorted.
>
> 	Hmm ... Neat name, impressive command; but is there a way to make
> it usable by subtechnoids? Can I pipe the -xml or -html options into a
> browser, for instance? Or something into baobab for it to use as labels?

No idea badbob etc.. but lshw-gui will tell you make of card, model of
moderboard in simple english, either through the GUI "Hardware Lister"
or the cli as roor lshw

#lshw
<snip>

 *-display UNCLAIMED
                product: G70 [GeForce 7600 GS]
                vendor: nVidia Corporation
                physical id: 0
                bus info: pci at 0000:01:00.0
                version: a1
                width: 64 bits
                clock: 33MHz
                capabilities: pm msi pciexpress vga_controller
bus_master cap_list
                configuration: latency=0

</snip>

Frank