Dual Athlon cpu

Mike Chambers mike at miketc.com
Mon Jun 30 17:15:27 UTC 2008

On Mon, 2008-06-30 at 19:56 +0300, Gilboa Davara wrote:
> On Mon, 2008-06-30 at 11:12 -0500, Mike Chambers wrote:
> >
> > Athlon 64 X2 (B) 3600+ 1.9 GHz (65W)
> >         2000 MT/s (mega transfers/second)
> >         Socket AM2
> >
> > Dual-Core.
> >
> > http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01063553&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&product=3443509〈=en
> >
> > Above should be the specs on the machine.
> >
> > Does that info help clarify what I have and asking?
> >
> > --
>
> In general, things should work more-or-less out of the box.
> I'd consider switching to F9/x86_64, especially if you have more than
> 2GB of memory.

Well, I only have 2G ram, so using 64 won't do me much good anyway.  I
guess I am only asking is what services (if any) need to be on to take
advantage of the dual core processor(s), as I mostly turn off all
services that I don't need after a install and might have turned
something off (like cpuspeed, if needed) that might need on to help the
system run faster/better.

> P.S. I've yet to upgrade from F8 and F9 on my machines. But unless
> something went wrong between RC2 and F9-release, you should be safe.

Already running F9 and have since testing actually.  Just trying to
clarify what services are needed IF any for cpus to work faster/better.

P.S. Not having any problems or slowness really on anything, just asking
in general is all.

--
Mike Chambers
mikec302 at fedoraproject.org