New windows open in background

Patrick O'Callaghan pocallaghan at gmail.com
Mon Sep 1 13:42:55 UTC 2008

On Mon, 2008-09-01 at 08:21 -0500, Aaron Konstam wrote:
> i admit it is not obvious. But you see an option to raise window after
> an interval. What if you check that and make the interval 0. Will that
> not do what you want?

As I undertand it, he wants newly created windows to appear on top,
which is a different question.

(Some apps intentionally open new windows underneath existing ones, e.g.
if I click on a URL in Evolution I get a new Firefox window underneath,
but AFAIK that's application-specific, and in any case I'm on KDE so
it's not really relevant to the OP).

poc