Sound Configurations

Mike Wright mike.wright at mailinator.com
Mon Sep 1 16:02:36 UTC 2008

Diego Nascimento wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> i migrated to fedora distribution a short time ago and when i tried to set
> the volume of the different outputs, i couldn't. Today i just can configure
> the master volume.
>
> How can i configure alsa to control the volume of all different outputs
> separated?

Hi Diego,

If you right click on the "Speaker" icon and select "Open Volume
Control" you will be able to "Edit->Preferences".  From there it is
possible to add and remove different input and output controls.

Unfortunately, there is no way from there to distinguish which are
inputs and which are outputs and things don't always make sense (to me).
  For example, there is a "CD" input but it doesn't control my CD.  My
CD's volume is controlled by the "PCM" output.

hth,
Mike Wright :m)