Infrastructure report, 2008-08-22 UTC 1200

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Mon Sep 1 23:58:04 UTC 2008

On Mon, 2008-09-01 at 19:27 +0930, Tim wrote:
> On Fri, 2008-08-29 at 19:04 +0200, Vassilios Kotoulas wrote:
> > are there any news? can we safely install packages from fedora
> > repositories?
>
> I've only seen messages that the ball is rolling towards getting ready.
> I suggest you join the Fedora Announce list, I'm sure that an
> announcement will be made there when they're ready.  It'll probably be
> reposted here, too.
>
> There's very few messages on the announce list, you won't be deluged by
> scads more mail.

We've announced already that we've assessed the risk as being low, so we
are no longer advising that people avoid installs or updates:
http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-announce-list/2008-August/msg00012.html

However, updates created after the time of our service interruption may
not yet be available, since we are working on a package signing key
update.  You will still be able to install and update from packages
created before that point.

--
Paul W. Frields