Ping KDE users

Arthur Pemberton pemboa at gmail.com
Tue Sep 2 06:17:41 UTC 2008

On 9/1/08, Bill Crawford <billcrawford1970 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 30/08/2008, Ian Pilcher <arequipeno at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I suspect you're going to find that most real users of KDE (i.e. people
>> who use it for real work) are still using KDE 3.5.
>
> Yup. Stuck with F8 in the office (though the weak multi-head support
> in kde 4 is the main factor, tbh).

I just this weekend updated my trusted desktop machine to F9 from FC7.

I consider myself to be a real KDE user, and I thought it was time
that I started using 4.1 more heavily in hopes that it gets better
quicker. I have a small notepad of potential bug reports.

One thing I have noticed is that my 6 vdesktop KDE 4.1 seems slower
than my 10 vdesktop KDE 3.5. I just put in an other for 3GB of RAM as
the machine only has 1GB currently. Pulseaudio isn't exactly helping
either. But I would like to commit to this and file bugs and
troubleshoot as much as I can.

( www.pembo13.com )