Automounting Camera-USB mass storage

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Tue Sep 2 13:19:36 UTC 2008

On Tue, 2008-09-02 at 12:57 +0100, Chris G wrote:
> Er, as I said, Fedora 8.

I didn't know if the question was because you were still using an older
release, and were wondering whether updating to 8 would improve things
for you.

> My Fuji S8000FD shows up automatically but that's not a USB mass
> storage connection.  It's the USB storage that's not auto-mounting.

Have you given the (psuedo) disc a volume name?

To be honest, I found things painfully slow if I plugged my camera into
the USB port.  I bought a card reader, and yank the card out of the
camera to use the pictures.  For me, that was much easier, I don't have
the camera batteries running down, and it's much faster.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.25.14-108.fc9.i686

read messages from the public lists.