OT: just got a Qube 2

Nifty Fedora Mitch niftyfedora at niftyegg.com
Wed Sep 3 02:58:14 UTC 2008

On Mon, Sep 01, 2008 at 11:36:23PM -0700, Mick M. wrote:

> Hi;
>   I bought a Cobalt Qube 2 locally yesterday.
> I saw some posts in my searches of RH 5.1 on this, but dead links.
> This has the  mips cpu.
>
> Anyone done it?
> Any advice?

Bought... bummer I could have given you mine three weeks ago.

I think all the latest bits are on sun.com (cobalt.sun.com)...
Give it a search on sun and google.

Bring it up behind a NAT firewall.

The older default packages for web server and such have been hacked
so you will need to recompile newer bits for most all the out-
facing applications....

It is a fun little box... not quite as powerfull as my little OLPC XO.
It does hold much larger disks and has hard wire ethernet.

If I was to win the big lottery I would be tempted to update it.
I would love to have a 10 watt little herk server...
Heck, the little Pico-ITX may already be there.

--
	T o m  M i t c h e l l
	Got a great hat... now what.