Fedora home server using core 9

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Wed Sep 3 10:27:44 UTC 2008

On Tue, 2008-09-02 at 10:33 -0430, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
> The irony is that if you read Versign's documentation, they don't
> actually claim to guarantee this. They just go through some
> standardized checking process involving external authorities such as
> notaries or business registries. A sufficiently interested adversary
> can quite easily register a company and get a certificate.

LOL...  It does seem to be typical that security is just a veneer.

Some banks are just as bad, if you say that you don't have the
identification that they're asking for often enough, they give in and
let you do what you wanted without good verification.  They can also be
too helpful with people who've forgotten their passwords.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.25.14-108.fc9.i686

read messages from the public lists.