Kernel-headers from Fedora 8 updates missing ext3_fs.h

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Fri Sep 5 12:27:20 UTC 2008

On Fri, 2008-09-05 at 13:07 +0100, Howard Wilkinson wrote:
> Karl-Olov Serrander wrote:
> > On Fri, 5 Sep 2008, Howard Wilkinson wrote:
> >
> >> The build for kernel-headers from the latest Fedora 8 is missing
> >> linux/ext3_fs.h it would seem that the config in the i386 build does
> >> not pull it in. Does anybody know how I can alter the source RPM to
> >> get this and other missing headers loaded?
> >
> > kernel-devel ?
> >
> > Regards
> Nope, I have that installed but it does not pull in the additional
> headers. It looks like a build time problem! I need to sort this as I
> need to rebuild anaconda!

I see it in kernel-devel:
/lib/modules/<version>/build/include/linux/ext3_fs.h

So you probably just need to have a -I option for building that
references the path correctly.  But if you're rebuilding anaconda from
the SRPM, all this should be done for you, since the automatic builders
have to accomplish this task too.

--
Paul W. Frields