Script Test [OT]

Patrick O'Callaghan pocallaghan at gmail.com
Sat Sep 6 13:04:54 UTC 2008

On Sat, 2008-09-06 at 02:27 -0600, kwhiskerz wrote:
> This is OT, but perhaps someone knows an answer.
>
> Is there a way a script can determine which computer it is running on and
> refuse to run if it is on the wrong computer?

How paranoid do you want to be? If the question is how to avoid
accidentally running something on the wrong machine, then the answer is
easy (check hostname, ip address, ...). If you want to avoid a malicious
computer running it, I doubt it can be done reliably.

So it's either easy or impossible.

poc