[Fwd: Fedora 8 and 9 updates status]

Tony Molloy tony.molloy at ul.ie
Sun Sep 7 09:55:35 UTC 2008

On Sunday 07 September 2008 09:53:35 Ed Greshko wrote:
> Arthur Pemberton wrote:

> >> In my case there's a reason for doing the update and as I said I'm doing
> >> it on a TEST laptop to check it out first.
> >>
> >> I've just installed Fedora-9 on approx two hundred workstations last
> >> week and will have several hundred students back tomorrow. So  I was
> >> hoping to get the update done today and not to  have to do it during
> >> semester.
> >>
> >> Tony
> >
> > Sounds like a good reason to me.
>
> I'm sure Tony feels a whole lot better now that someone has validated in
> reasoning.  :-)

Well not quite!!

Download completed but install failed ;-(

The public key not is not available. So it's looking for the new key as
expected and it's not there.

I disabled the gpgcheck in fedora-updates-repo ( which I wouldn't recommend on
any machine , this is a TEST box ) and it's installing now.

Tony