Fetchmail + Sendmail for local users ??

Mikkel L. Ellertson mikkel at infinity-ltd.com
Tue Sep 9 00:17:50 UTC 2008

Zylogue wrote:
> This looks like it will be a great solution for my needs, as
> well. However, I need to be able to respond/reply to messages from a
> variety of accounts and still have the sent message going out the
> correct account. This is for internal e-mail accounts that I have in
> some monitored customer's networks and for mailing lists.
>
> How could this be handled sensibly?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Zylogue

I am not sure I understand what you are after - do you want the
From: address on replies to match the To: address of the mail you
are replying to, or do you want all the mails to have the same
e-mail address? (All from plaxo at pcpn.net?)

The first case is usually handled by the program you use to read the
mail, the second cane be, or can be handled by the local smtp
program. I don't remember if Sendmail requires any configuration to
let you use other From: addresses.

If you want each From: address to use a different relay host, or
send some mail directly to the clients mail server, that can als be
done.

Mikkel