Big time delays in replies sent to the list

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Wed Sep 10 11:39:44 UTC 2008

On Tue, 2008-09-09 at 19:38 +0200, Nigel Henry wrote:
> I sent a reply to the list, using Kmail, and reply to mailing list
> some 1hr 54 mins ago, and it's still not turned up on the list. At
> least I havn't seen any confirmation of it.

Read up about greylisting (or graylisting), I think this list uses it as
an anti-spam scheme.  That *can* result in lengthy delays for *some*
postings.

It can also be the SMTP server that you're posting through (overloaded,
implementing some anti-spam scheme, temporarily faulty, etc).

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.25.14-108.fc9.i686

read messages from the public lists.