grandma-rated mail reader

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Wed Sep 10 11:50:40 UTC 2008

On Tue, 2008-09-09 at 19:14 -0700, Nifty Fedora Mitch wrote:
> In some cases the 'elderly' can type at world class speeds.
> An ASCII reader like this one "mutt" or "pine" should not
> be ignored.

Internet take-up by the elderly, over here in Australia, was
surprisingly high.  Though, on the other hand, they were the generation
that did communicate in writing as a normal thing to do, so it did have
an initial appeal (e.g. rapid and cheap communication with distant
relatives).

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.25.14-108.fc9.i686