KDE 4.1: Unacceptable ! Was: whew ! That is more like it ! Folderview and panel questions...

Arthur Pemberton pemboa at gmail.com
Thu Sep 11 01:10:54 UTC 2008

On Wed, Sep 10, 2008 at 7:00 PM, Timothy Murphy <gayleard at eircom.net> wrote:
> Rick Stevens wrote:
>
>> Yes--especially when the release notes for F9 state in no uncertain
>> terms that KDE 4.x was a work in progress and the 4.0 version included
>> in F9 was a prerelease.  The OP has no one to blame but himself for
>> using KDE in its current state.
>
> I don't agree with that.

We've already agreed that we aren't all going to agree on this.

> I don't like the way this "bleeding edge" mantra is used
> to justify what are in fact simple mistakes.

It's not a justification, it is an explanation, I don't think anyone
has implied otherwise.

> Everyone makes mistakes; it's better just to acknowledge them,
> and not pretend they are part of some great scheme of things.

Again, no one has implied that not being featureful is in the grand
scheme of things.

> I don't think KDE-4 was ready to release.
> It had too many minor problems.
> They weren't that serious, just slightly annoying.

That, again, is entirely up to opinion. The release likely greatly
sped up the finding of these issues.

--
Fedora 9 : sulphur is good for the skin
( www.pembo13.com )