KDE-4.1: increasing panel height

Florian Sievert floriansievert at phobeus.de
Thu Sep 11 16:02:13 UTC 2008

Hi Timothy,
> I can't find the setting to choose between Small, Normal and Large
> panel size, that used to be in KDE-4.
> Has it disappeared, or have I just missed it?
> My panel is rather small in height, which was the default before.

The way of doing it has changed since 4.0.x. It is solved much better in
4.2 trunk, however the feature does exist, even if it is quite well
hidden. First get sure that you unlocked widgets. Either click on the
cashew of the panel or select "panel settings" from the context menu. A
new bar appears next to the panel. If you select the border of this
panel, you can select the size that the panel should have. If you click
on the bar, you can drag it into another screen edge. Hope this helps.

Best regards,
Florian