pidgin don't work after updates-newkey (fedora 8)

yordy ymedians at yahoo.es
Fri Sep 12 05:24:02 UTC 2008

After update my Fedora 8 system from updates-newkey, pidgin don't startup. I run pidgin from gnome-terminal and this is the output:

-------

Pidgin 2.5.1-1.fc8 has segfaulted and attempted to dump a core file.
This is a bug in the software and has happened through
no fault of your own.

If you can reproduce the crash, please notify the developers
by reporting a bug at:
http://developer.pidgin.im/simpleticket/

Please make sure to specify what you were doing at the time
and post the backtrace from the core file.  If you do not know
how to get the backtrace, please read the instructions at
http://developer.pidgin.im/wiki/GetABacktrace

If you need further assistance, please IM either SeanEgn or
LSchiere (via AIM).  Contact information for Sean and Luke
on other protocols is at
http://developer.pidgin.im/wiki/DeveloperPages
Aborted

-------

Packages fedora-release-8-6.transition, pidgin-2.5.1-1.fc8 and libpurple-2.5.1-1.fc8 was installed without error. This a particular error of my system or this is a bug in pidgin-2.5.1-1.fc8 package?. I have Fedora 9 in my other box and update from updates-newkey work fine and pidgin-2.5.1-1.fc9 work fine too.

Any idea?

I will try to gat a backtrace and post a ticket to developers. But, It will be an error of pidgin (developers) or it will be an error of pidgin compiled for Fedora 8, or and error particular of my system.