Livna Dependency problem xine-lib-extras-nonfree

Aaron Konstam akonstam at sbcglobal.net
Fri Sep 12 14:21:01 UTC 2008

> Thanks Kevin,
>
> I'd been wondering why clearing the metadata cache wasn't sufficient to
> re-enable updates. If it's of any use to anyone else who updated their
> Livna packages before the deluge of Fedora updates, I ran the following;
>
> yum remove xine-lib-extras-nonfree
> yum clean all
> yum update
> yum install xine-lib-extras-nonfree
>
> Regards,
>
> Michael

I could not install xine-lib-extras-nonfree earlier as I assume you could not.
But today it worked without any yum clean being necessary. I assume it
was just a mirror problem.
"What is wanted is not the will to believe, but the will to find out,
which is the exact opposite." -- Bertrand Russell, _Sceptical_Essays_,
1928
Aaron Konstam telephone: (210) 656-0355 e-mail: akonstam at sbcglobal.net