What is gvfs-fuse-daemon?

Bill Davidsen davidsen at tmr.com
Fri Sep 12 19:49:30 UTC 2008

Aaron Konstam wrote:
> For the first time I noticed that there is a file system on my disk
> called gvfs-fuse-daemon. It seems to exist concurrently with
> my /dev/sda3 partition in the same disk space. What is this and what is
> its significance?

Since several others have already given you hints on this, I'll just add that
FUSE mounts seem to piss off SELinux to no end, no amount of labeling or
relabeling will shut it up, if it is your home directory you mount in this
manner reading mail on the local system break, because dovecot is trying to
create or write a lock file, etc, etc.

I solved most of it by setting permissive mode, using restorecon on the mounted
filesystem, then rebooting with enforcing SELinux. At the moment it seems to work.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com>