Phonon and non-existant audio devices

Marcelo Magno T. Sales mmtsales at gmail.com
Mon Sep 15 01:13:02 UTC 2008

People,

Using KDE 4.1 on F9, I keep getting phonon messages saying that device
xyz is not available and that sound will default to other device.
Device xyz existed a long time ago, but not now. However, after every
logon to KDE and every now and then after that, I get this message.
In System Configuration -> Sound, I can see the device grayed out, but
can not remove it. The remove button is enabled when I select the
device, but it does nothing when pressed.
I've also tried to change the priority of the available devices, putting
the currently existing one on the top of the list, but still get the
same anoying messages.
How do I get rid of the device which does not exist and of the phonon
messages?

Thanks,

Marcelo