yum question

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Sun Sep 14 23:21:54 UTC 2008

On Sat, Sep 13, 2008 at 23:29:49 -0400,
  Mail Lists <lists at sapience.com> wrote:

>    If there are available updates - it would be nice to know what the
> changes are - ie show the changelog of the update - is there an option
> in yum to show the changelog ? Or must we download the rpm and query it
> by hand ?
>
>    thank you.

Are you looking for the package specific update notes? If so you either
need to get that from the rpm package or from koji. The info isn't in the
meta data so yum couldn't access it until after it had downloaded the rpms
in any case.

If you are asking how to get a list of packages that would be updated then you
can use "yum check-update".