more yum update non-optimals

Joel Rees joel.rees at gmail.com
Mon Sep 15 08:21:48 UTC 2008

(top-posting because the stream of consciousness novel is mostly
relevant for reference)

When I got the

> --> Processing Conflict: kernel conflicts wtih iwl4965-firmware <
> 228.57.2

error (and after exercise, lunch with the family, and a bit of a
nap), I did

yum remove  iwl4965-firmware
yum update

and got pretty much the whole thing updated. Ignoring the bad taste
in my mouth, after the update, attempting to

yum install  iwl4965-firmware

produces the same Processing Conflict error. Looking around on the
web, it looks like a problem in the version numbering, where 228.57.2
was a version from about a year ago, and the current version is
4.44.1.20-1 .

Should I file a bug or just assume this is going to get straightened
out as they clean things up?