[FWW] method for minimum install

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Mon Sep 15 09:32:53 UTC 2008

Kevin Martin:
>> Shouldn't a minimal install also include no X garbage?  I mean, if you
>> are trying to just setup a headless server you don't need any X or X
>> related stuff.

Frank Murphy:
> I agree in that scenario.
>
> But if we take minimum install for most home users, you would include X.

Minimal install should be minimal install, all the time.  Just enough
that it boots.  You have things like anaconda to add to it.  Minimal
install, plus X, plus Gnome, plus whatever.  Start with the absolute
base system, then add whatever else is needed on top.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.25.14-108.fc9.i686

read messages from the public lists.