FireFox 3 EULA

Timothy Murphy gayleard at eircom.net
Mon Sep 15 11:36:42 UTC 2008

Steve Hill wrote:

> Does Fedora 9 remove the EULA from the package?  If so, what is the legal
> position on removing the EULA whilst keeping the trademarked FireFox
> branding?
>
>> but it seems to me that only a pedant would worry about that.
>
> How so?  I choose to use Fedora because I believe in Free software, and
> that as a user I should have the ability to do whatever I want with the
> software (within the confines of the law).

If you don't want to use Firefox because of some religious objection,
that's fine by me.
But if you are trying to stop me using Firefox,
or make it more difficult for me,
my reaction would be very different.

You seem to me to be inventing a problem that does not exist.

--
Timothy Murphy
e-mail: gayleard /at/ eircom.net