Enable updates for a single user

Bill Davidsen davidsen at tmr.com
Mon Sep 15 18:44:55 UTC 2008

Vincenzo Campanella wrote:
> Hi everybody
>
> I have a PC running Fedora 9 that I have to lend to a customer for a
> limited period.
>
> I would like him to be able to install updates and to install and remove
> programs without giving him the root password.
>
> Is it possible, and if it is what do I have to do?

Don't suppose you can just run him in a virtual machine and let him have the
root password to that? The kvm qcow stuff lets him hack as he will and only uses
disk space for the changes. For that matter, why not run "yum upgrade" from
cron, or is that going to cause other problems?

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com>