MySQL has gone away

Boris Glawe public at boris-glawe.de
Mon Sep 15 20:17:51 UTC 2008

Kevin Martin schrieb:
> <snip>
>
> What does your my.cnf show and what, if anything, does your mysql.out
> show?  Did you mean to use the password "passwort" and is that what you
> are typing in when you try to connect with the non-root user?
>
> Kevin

Hi,

this is my my.cnf

[mysqld]
datadir=/var/lib/mysql
socket=/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock
user=mysql
# Default to using old password format for compatibility with mysql 3.x
# clients (those using the mysqlclient10 compatibility package).
old_passwords=1

default_character_set = utf8
character_set_server = utf8
init_connect = ‘SET NAMES utf8′

[mysqld_safe]
log-error=/var/log/mysqld.log
pid-file=/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.pid

I havn't touched it.
I have used the password 'passwort' and I've used it when connecting to
the database as a non-root user.

I do not experience any problems, on my x86_64 fedora installation on my
laptop.

Do you have any idea?

Thanks and greets Boris