Enable fast user switching in Fedora 9?

Michael Hannon jm_hannon at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 17 16:14:35 UTC 2008

----- Original Message ----

From: Chris Tyler <chris at tylers.info>
To: "Community assistance, encouragement, and advice for using Fedora." <fedora-list at redhat.com>
Sent: Wednesday, September 17, 2008 8:51:24 AM
Subject: Re: Enable fast user switching in Fedora 9?

On Wed, 2008-09-17 at 08:45 -0700, Michael Hannon wrote:
> Howdy.  I just gave my wife an account on the Fedora 9 system I use at home, expecting to be able to do "fast switching" between her login and mine.  But I don't see any option to do that, and I don't see any way to enable it.  Can you help?  Thanks.

Assuming you're using Gnome, right-click on an empty part of your panel
(at the top of your screen), select "Add to panel...", the select "User
Switcher". You can then click on the resulting button to quickly switch
between users.

(F-U-S does not appear to work well with Compiz when using the Nvidia
non-free drivers).

-Chris

--

Bingo!  Thanks, Chris.