couldn't change resolution in Vmware

Kam Leo kam.leo at gmail.com
Wed Sep 17 21:39:20 UTC 2008

2008/5/23 Mustafa Qasim <alajal at gmail.com>

> On Thu, May 22, 2008 at 4:36 AM, Kam Leo <kam.leo at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> 2008/5/21 Mustafa Qasim <alajal at gmail.com>:
>> > Hello!
>> >            I've just installed F9 in my Vmware workstation 6 but I couldn't
>> > change my defualt 800x600 resolution to 1024x768. Is  VMware causing this
>> > problem? Any Idea.
>> >
>> > --
>> > Regards,
>> > Mustafa Qasim
>>
>> Have you installed vmware-tools?
>>
>> --
>

> Yep! at the same time F8 is working fine.
> --
> Regards,
> Mustafa Qasim
> Lahore, Pakistan
>
> Registered Linux User# 441709.

After much delay I finally got around to fixing VMware issues on my F9
client. I'm using VMware Workstation 5.5.8. I discovered that
xorg.conf file for the F9 client was missing the "Monitor" section.
After copying that section from my F8 virtual client the display
resolution now goes beyond 800x600.

Side note:  Using system-config-display or
System->Administration->Display from Gnome Hardware
selection/configuration appears to be broken. I'm not able to select
from either of the two options: CRT or LCD.  Driver is
xorg-x11-drv-vmware-10.16.0-1.fc9.i386.