out of available locker entries

Kevin Martin kevintm at ameritech.net
Thu Sep 18 01:53:59 UTC 2008

Mike -- EMAIL IGNORED wrote:
> On 2.6.22.1-41.fc7,
>
> I get:
>
> # rpm -q httpd
> rpmdb: Lock table is out of available locker entries
> rpmdb: Unknown locker ID: 909
> error: db4 error(22) from db->close: Invalid argument
> error: cannot open Packages index using db3 - Cannot allocate memory (12)
> error: cannot open Packages database in /var/lib/rpm
> package httpd is not installed
>
> What is this and what can I do about it?
>
> BTW, httpd is alive and well.
>
> Thanks for your help.
> Mike.

This link
http://linux.derkeiler.com/Mailing-Lists/Fedora/2008-04/msg00462.html says:

"I have this happen to me occasionally too. To fix it, you have to
delete the rpm databases, and then re-create them. Go to /var/lib/rpm
and find the __db.00x files, and delete them. Then re-create them with
rpm --rebuilddb."

Kevin