upgrade from hard drive?

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Thu Sep 18 15:42:36 UTC 2008

On Thu, 2008-09-18 at 14:56 +0000, Beartooth wrote:
>  I *think* it's possible to upgrade from a .iso on the hard drive
> -- right? How?
>
>         I managed to upgrade FC5 to FC6, because I have CDs for that;
> but I want to get clear to F8, and the machine I'm trying to upgrade
> has only a CD drive.

You should be able to do it the same way that you can do a fresh install
from an ISO on the hard drive.  Put the ISO file somewhere that's
readable during the install routine, boot from the small net install /
rescue disc, to start the install/upgrade, and tell it where the big DVD
ISO file is located when prompted for the install source location.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.25.14-108.fc9.i686

read messages from the public lists.