OFF-TOPIC: Fedora 7 already installed, can't install XP on empty partition

MKas no-reply-gw at fcp.surfsite.org
Fri Sep 19 11:22:45 UTC 2008

I had WinXP & F9. Yesterday I tried to reinstall WinXP and it was successfull after partition hide with gparted.

But now I have problem with MBR. I hadn't any linux cd/dvd so downloaded F9 KDE Live (Full linux dvd download about 36 hours). I run F9 KDE Live and try to fix MBR. 1 - mount boot disk as /boot, 2 - grub-install /dev/my_boot_disk .grub-install says what everything was successfull, but after restart never changes. Tried to run grub-install 2 times.

Where can be a problem? Or I need to start download F9-full?

Thanks.

https://fcp.surfsite.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?post_id=290941&topic_id=42427&forum=10#forumpost290941
If you think, this is spam, please report this to webmaster at fcp.surfsite.org and/or blame mkas at tux.lt.