yum broken after update

Steven F. LeBrun steven at lebruns.com
Sat Sep 20 16:12:20 UTC 2008

> Albert Graham wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > I just did a yum update "yum*" and now yum is completely broken ?
> >
> > Any idea how to fix this ? (or link to fixed yum rpm)
>
> rpm -e yum-skip-broken
>
> You don't need so many plugins.
>
> Rahul

Thanks Rahul.  Your answer to Albert Graham helped me with a similar yum
problem.  In my case, I needed to remove the latest yum-filter-data package
that I updated after the repositories came back online.

The stack trace that was generated when yum (and yumex) failed showed that
the failure started in the file /usr/lib/yum-plugins/filter-data.py, hence
using "rpm -e yum-filter-data" fixed my yum problem.

Steven F. LeBrun