fedora 9 on Laptop

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Sun Sep 21 04:49:18 UTC 2008

On Sat, 2008-09-20 at 18:31 +0200, David Hláčik wrote:
> when are you using Fedora on laptop, are you doing some special
> configuration to keep it works longer when on battery?

No, I even stop it from dimming the screen while on battery.  The
screen's are bad enough normally, never mind making them dimmer.

I find my battery lasts about 2 hours on Linux and Windows.  I can
stretch to 3 hours, if I do things like let it dim the screen (a default
feature with Gnome).  There are other things that you can do, but I've
never measured the results.  e.g. Don't use the optical drives, turn off
sound playing features in the Window manager, turn down the volume on
any sounds that you do want to play, turn off the wireless LAN, avoid
CPU intensive tasks, etc.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.25.14-108.fc9.i686