Corsair 16G USB Flash Drive

Fred Silsbee fredsilsbee at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 21 17:01:26 UTC 2008

----- Original Message ----
From: Tom Horsley <tom.horsley at att.net>
To: fedora-list at redhat.com
Sent: Sunday, September 21, 2008 11:15:16 AM
Subject: Re: Corsair 16G USB Flash Drive

On Sun, 21 Sep 2008 05:34:18 -0700 (PDT)
"Mick M." <off_by_1 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Now this is weird because I had formatted it ext2 and also had used it as a live-F9 disk, then formatted it NTFS to talk to XP.

Yea, if it is preformatted to NTFS, that might be the problem.
As root you can run "fdisk -l" after plugging it in and see if
any partitions show up. Maybe it recognizes the stick but not
the filesystem on the partition.
--
all my flash memory sticks started in XP Prof (sorry) and are VFAT

I rarely go back to XP Prof anymore

the 32 gig are down to $90

what is next::

http://www.tgdaily.com/content/view/37619/135/