pulseaudio and mpg123

Giandomenico De Tullio ghisha at email.it
Sun Sep 21 18:57:28 UTC 2008

Amadeus W.M. ha scritto:
> I'm trying to get mpg123 working with pulseaudio, and I followed the
> instrunctions on this page:
>
> http://www.pulseaudio.org/wiki/PerfectSetup
>
> which seems to be the authoritative documentation. I downloaded
> libao-pulse (incidentally, could there be an rpm with this?) and I managed
> to compile and install it after installing pulseaudio-libs-devel and libao-
> devel. I also put
>
> default_driver=pulse
>
> in /etc/libao.conf
>
> However, mpg123 still does not produce any sound. It does look like it's
> trying to play the file, but there's no sound. The sound isn't muted or
> anything. I can play mp3 files if I click on them in nautilus.
>
> Anyone got this working?
yes, and without libao.  with  alsa-plugins-pulseaudio fedora package
and ALSA as output device.

FYI:
go  http://www.mpg123.org/cgi-bin/news.cgi
search "2006-08-22 Thomas: 0.60-beta4 is finally there!"

<quote>
# Removed libao support (as it is GPL and we aren't - and we don't need
it with native Alsa)
# Added ALSA 0.9/1.0 support by Clemens Ladisch (old alsa is in
audio_alsa05.c but will most likely vanish soon)
# Added PortAudio audio-output support
# Added SDL audio-output support
# Fixed NAS audio-output support
</quote>

 Sponsor:
 Tomb Raider anniversary. Gioca con Lara Croft sul tuo cellulare!
 Clicca qui: http://adv.email.it/cgi-bin/foclick.cgi?mid=8273&d=21-9