Updating FC8 -> FC9 is not possible from x86_64 to 32 bit

Ambrogio De Lorenzo ambrogio.de.lorenzo at alice.it
Mon Sep 22 21:09:01 UTC 2008

Il giorno sab, 20/09/2008 alle 10.10 -0430, Patrick O'Callaghan ha
scritto:

> We've been over that already on this list. I recommend you read the
> large number of messages on this topic in the archives.
I download the list, and I have all the messages. My error was to not
read and think before to made an upgrade.
I'm sorry for that, but I experienced problems upgrading from fc3 to 4,
from 4 to 5, from 5 to 6, from 6 to 7 and from 8 to 9.
This is known, but the hope....

> Upgrading from one version of KDE 3.5 to the next (e.g. on F7->F8)
> frequently gave problems as well, so I'm afraid this is nothing new.
I think this is not an excuse.

> > > However once you've made the transition there are no major problems.
> > Well, but for one that works with a computer, the transition have to be
> > as short as possible (minutes, or hours and not days and days).
>
> Fedora is an *experimental* system. If that doesn't meet your needs or
> expectations, maybe you should be using a different distro with higher
> stability guarantees (CentOS, RHEL, Ubuntu, ...)
hmmm experimental... I never thought fedora as experimental.
I had a very good experience with all fedora release, sometimes using
unofficial repos like livna or freshrpms.
Maybe I made a mistake using the mailing list as a bug report and a
solution dispenser.
I have to start use the right instruments, and also to help this distro
(for example like I do with OOo), and if other people act in this way,
maybe Fedora developers can gain time to develope better.

One example is my external usb problem.
Or the mic that can't record so I can't use any voip software.
All problems that are not simple to solve, and not simple to undersand
why.

Bye
 Ambrogio