Newbie Help With Fedora 9 installation

Armin Moradi feng.shaun at gmail.com
Mon Sep 22 23:18:50 UTC 2008

On Mon, Sep 22, 2008 at 5:25 PM, E.H <expendablehumanoid at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks for replying Aldo and Armin.
>
> Yes i am downloading from a windows system. I was downloading to a logical
> drive with a FAT32 file system... I went through the documentation again..
> So i guess that must be the problem.
> Apparently downloading to an NTFS filesystem doesn't seem to have that
> problem.
> Will try that.
>
>  I just need a back up copy of the entire dvd anyway.
>  so i would have to download the file again.
> I 've burnt that corrupted file on 2 DVDs already :)
>
> Thanks for the help, guys.
>

> On Tue, Sep 23, 2008 at 1:46 AM, Armin Moradi <feng.shaun at gmail.com>wrote:
>

>> On Mon, Sep 22, 2008 at 5:09 PM, Aldo Foot <lunixer at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> something

>>> Are you using bittorrent from a Windows PC?
>>> There may be issues downloading ISO images larger than 2GB.
>>>
>>> Try the instructions here and see whether you can install directly from
>>> a fedora web site.
>>>        http://fedorasolved.org/Members/opsec/fedora-netinstall
>>> First download the Rescue CD, which smaller size that a full DVD ISO.
>>>
>>> Alternatively, download the CD ISO images directly from here:
>>>       http://fedora.inode.at/fedora/linux/releases/9/Fedora/i386/iso/
>>>
>>> HTH, and enjoy using Fedora.
>>> ~af
>>>
>>> --
>>>
>> Or you can just download the livecd and install from there, it will give
>> you essentially the same thing, and you don't have to take your time to
>> download a big iso file!
>>
>> --
>> Armin
>> feng.shaun at gmail.com
>> "Good thoughts, Good words, Good deeds" Zarathustra
>>
>> --
>>

> --

What I would do for installing Fedora on my computer:
I would partition my HD and delete the partition so it leaves a free space
(not formatted).
The I would get a copy of the livecd and burn it (or put it on a USB disk)
and boot from it.
In the installation, I would choose guided partitioning.

the guided partitioning makes it quite painless :)

--
Armin
feng.shaun at gmail.com
"Good thoughts, Good words, Good deeds" Zarathustra